i belonged always to whatever was far from me and to whatever i could never be. anything that did not belong to me, however base, always seemed to be full of poetry. the only thing i ever loved was pure nothingness - fernando pessoa





it feels like forever ago now, but we went on the most amazing spontaneous camping trip to a place called kaitoke.
we had to train and bus and then tramp for 3 hours to get there - which was almost more than my little legs could handle...but it was one of the loveliest places i've ever been. emerald green rivers and rainforest walks. 
cooking on a fire by the river. bathing in the morning water.
i took the lightest camera i own which is a little holga - but unfortunately i don't really know how to use it properly,  
so i guess these are a few magic days that will just exist in my memory and as smudges of light and dark.


...and when i developed the first film i found these two gentle greys of the lovely holly beals 
who had been sitting in the camera for nearly a year. x



3 comments:

chossi said...

Anonymous said...

Its great. I always thought your potos were magic because i didnt know this world. Now im in NZ and i had so many magical moments and saw those places with my own eyes.

Thrifty Little Pixie said...

Loveeee the first click .It looks beyond calming after the whole journey to get there , I wish I could teleport to it on a hot summers day !